[Photo: Chocolate & Churros at Nerja]
Back to our day on/day off routine, which seems to be working our very well. Both of us were still tired on waking, and breakfasted in bed. We thought we would all go and check out some of the things close to Nerja, such as the Caves of Nerja and an old aqueduct on the way. Back to warm weather again – the car said it was 24 degrees on the way down. Drove the 6km to town, parked up again in the parking building, and sat down at a café. Sandy & Lynette were determined to try out the chocolata con churros that we had eaten a couple of times previously. So we put in our order for three of these. Karen chickened out on the churros, thinking of her waistline. They were duly enjoyed, but they feel so decadent and rich that I think I will be the only one prepared to have another round of them sometime.
We tried to find a small coastal walk from the Balcon de Europa, but it either wasn't there or was very overgrown, so we had to give that away and jumped in the car to find the Caves of Nerja. Passed the aqueduct on the way – a tall structure of five stories supporting a rather small top layer carrying water over a small gorge. Got to the Caves, and parked in the carpark. We found they cost 8.50€ each, which seemed rather steep after just 12€ for the whole complex at
Rather pleased to be back home for an afternoon around the pool. The water was down to 26.5 today, but 27 by afternoon. Still OK for swimming, but not as tempting as if it had been 28. Karen did 90 lengths, I swam rather fewer, concentrating on technique. I have been enjoying the swimming, although sometimes it has been triggering a vicious toothache attack, so I am a little wary. Karen made the fatal mistake of challenging me to a length's race, which much to the great surprise of both of us, I won by a good half body length. Then trying to get her own back, she challenged me to two lengths, which again I won, though not by much. I must say I was pretty chuffed, and Karen not so! I had to refuse to do a 10 length rematch.
For dinner Sandy & Lynette took us out for a meal as a thank you for the trip, which was lovely of them. They had hoped we could get into a restaurant run by four sisters, but it was closed up, as indeed were most of them. However we ended up having a very good meal at one in the church square. An excellent day tooth-wise, with little hassle at all, and no Voltaren needed.

No comments:
Post a Comment